Thursday, September 6, 2007

96 degrees in Fargo?!

Yeah, Wed. was 96 degrees. It's supposed to be in the mid-60s this weekend. Welcome to the Midwest!

Everything's going well...Matt's job is keeping him busy, but he's always home by 5, which is nice. The kids are enjoying their "North Dakota day care" and their extra time with us. I've been studying every day, usually at the NDSU library. I've been working out more too, but today when I weighed myself I had gained a pound in the last 3 weeks. Better stop working out.

We decided that the kids and I would fly home in October in time for me to go back to work, and Matt will stay behind to get as much work done as he can before our vacation in Jamaica at the end of Oct. We still don't know if he'll be able to telecommute once his 3-month commitment is up. Hopefully we'll know soon. So, my return date is October 10th. Now that it's planned, it seems like I don't have much time left here. It's lighting the fire under me to get as much studying done as I can over the next 5 weeks.

We had a pretty low-key weekend. Matt was still recovering from his mystery illness. (He seems better now.) Last Sunday we took the kids to Yunker Farm Childrens' Museum. We had a lot of fun riding the train and the merry-go-round. Billy liked the train sets the best, while Maddy liked the giant bubble maker: you stand inside a circle and pull down on a rope, and as you pull down a giant bubble forms around you. I didn't get many pictures but I have some from our picnic lunch and from the merry-go-round.

Monday (Labor Day) we went to my coworker's sister's house in West Fargo for a cookout. It's a small world! Sherry and her husband Dave have 2 kids, Ben who is 3 and Timmy who is 4 mos. old. My coworker Karen was also there. Dave is a doctor and was on call that day, so Matt got grill duty. Karen made the exact same broccoli salad that Jean makes, so it seemed a little like we were home. The kids had fun playing together.

Matt and I went out on our date last night! We went to an Italian restaurant downtown that was really good, then we watched the Simpson's movie (there were only 2 other people in the theater!) The kids were fine with Steph, our babysitter. We're planning on going to the White Stripes concert in a few weeks so hopefully Steph can come over again!

That's all for now...except for a couple pictures of the kids playing in their duvet covers (or kangaroo pouches, as they call them.) Oh, and the kids say "Norf Bakota" instead of "North Dakota", which Matt and I have started doing :-)


3 comments:

Karen said...

Hey I miss you guys!

Lora said...

We miss everyone too! We were at the playground earlier today and Matt said, "What time are we going to Bob's for dinner?" We're looking forward to seeing everyone...one month to go.

Andy said...

Looks like you're having a good time :) Got any photo's of downtown Fargo and of course the many dive bars that Matt is now barred from?

BTW, Henry is almost crawling so our time is nearly up.